Mar 22, 2023
Suspected propane leak leads to explosion
At 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, our firefighters responded to a report of an explosion on Sisson Drive inside the Mount Shasta Forest Estates subdivision.
McCloud firefighters, as well as Cal Fire and Mount Shasta firefighters, responded to the scene and confirmed a house had been destroyed in an explosion.
We confirmed nobody was inside the home during the explosion and there were no reported civilian or firefighter injuries.
The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced homeowners.Homeowners who use propane please be aware that heavy snow and ice can dislodge gas lines leading to a leak which can be exsplosive.We recommend you dig out your tank and propane lines that lead to your house. Check for loose or displaced connections and a smell of rotten eggs. If you do smell gas, turn off the propane, leave the building and call 911.